Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm making a movie, beautiful people!

How did I go from making Ramones Art Dolls to making a movie? Well, it all started with a gesture of love.

Three years ago, I offered to research my adopted sister's biological father, Peter Kelley. I wasn't expecting to find more than a couple of photos and stories that he owed people money or that they had forgotten him. After all, he was a fugitive, a drug smuggler, a dealer, and he had abandoned his young family back in the late 1960s. He was also a singer-songerwriter, signed to Sire Records.

I was quite surprised at what I uncovered. I found a rich story and brilliant people who loved him and believed in him, despite his flaws. They converged around and believed in him 40 years ago. Now they are converging around me to tell his story.

My kickstarter.com fundraiser has met its minimum goal. I'm grateful for the support!

It's not too late to get your name in the credits of an important and beautiful piece of work. There is also a limited edition Gunsho print available!

Please take a moment to watch the video and learn more. Thank you!

No comments: